CLOSED Kwusen is Hiring - Bookkeeper
Position type: Accounts Management and Administrative
Location: Victoria, BC
Salary: Competitive, commensurate with experience
Application deadline: January 15, 2019
Start date: February 1, 2019
The bookkeeper is responsible for all related duties for full-cycle bookkeeping, as well as some administrative and HR management duties for Kwusen Research & Media Ltd. and Kwusen Holdings Ltd.
Kwusen is a small agile consulting company with an office in downtown Victoria. We work with Indigenous communities to conduct community-based research on Indigenous Knowledge, cultural heritage, and traditional land use. Our participatory approach emphasises community capacity building to engage community members in researching their own cultural heritage, Indigenous Knowledge, and land use practices. We also provide innovative services to utilize documentary video, websites, apps and web-based mapping technologies in our research and reporting.
For more information please visit our website at: www.kwusen.com
Job Duties Include:
• Check expense claims for accuracy, enter and make payments;
• Enter revenue and post payments received;
• Monthly client invoicing and updates to project managers on specific projects;
• Reconcile all bank and credit card accounts monthly;
• Calculate and remit government remittances; i.e. Payroll
• Provide owner with financial statements and cash flow tracking on request;
• HR management duties; and
• Office administrative duties.
• Successful completion of a Business Administrative Training Program that includes bookkeeping training as part of the program
• Knowledge of working with finances in a business setting.
• Understanding of all aspects of bookkeeping, debit and credit entries, and reconciliations;
• Working knowledge of QuickBooks Online, Excel and Google docs; and
• Additional administrative duties that could include:
- Microsoft Word document formatting
- Updates to website content
- Some HR management
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills;
• Ability to work within a fast-paced, dynamic environment; and
• Fluency with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word.
• Experience reporting to provincial and federal government funding agencies;
• Working knowledge of TelPay online bill payment system; and
• Experience with Indigenous issues and communities in Canada would be an asset.
Please email a cover letter, to the attention of Leona Head, curriculum vitae, and three references, citing “Bookkeeper” in the subject line to email@example.com by January 15, 2019. For questions regarding the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.